4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife Tour
4 days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife is one of the best short Uganda safaris. It provides you a great opportunity to enjoy a trek to view mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park. It is an exceptional tour package taking you on a magical mountain gorilla encounter and wildlife viewing in the savannas.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Queen Elizabeth National Park are 2 of the 10 popular Uganda safari parks. Queen Elizabeth National Park is famous for its rare tree-climbing lions in addition to a diversity of other wildlife ranging from African bush elephants, Uganda Kobs, waterbucks, lions, leopards, hyenas, over 620 bird species, Nile Crocodiles, hippos, and a lot more.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is the most sought-after mountain gorilla trekking destination in Uganda. Nestled in Kabale, southwestern Uganda, Bwindi boasts of over 459 mountain gorillas and 20 habituated gorilla groups. It is one exceptional park where mountain gorillas share the same habitat as chimpanzees. Your 4 days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife also combines a visit to Lake Bunyonyi, a popular water body with 29 scenic Islands. Your trip to Bwindi begins and ends in Kampala/Entebbe.
- Day 1 of the 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Tour & wildlife: Depart Kampala/Entebbe for Queen Elizabeth National Park-undertake afternoon launch cruise
- Day 2 of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife: Go game drive along Kasenyi Plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park and connect to Bwindi via Ishasha area
- Day 3 of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife: Embark on gorilla trekking & drive to Lake Bunyonyi-undertake evening boat ride
- Day 4 of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife: Return from Lake Bunyonyi to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1 of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife: Depart Kampala/Entebbe for Queen Elizabeth National Park-undertake afternoon launch cruise
Start your Uganda safari tour from Entebbe/Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park your first destination in the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife. Take the Kampala-Masaka-Mbarara city route which allows you to make a stopover at Equator crossing in Kayabwe. It is a long route taking you about 5-7 hours’ drive but rewarding. Enjoy a view of the beautiful surrounding areas en-route and arrive at Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda’s second-largest park.
Undertake an afternoon launch trip on Kazinga Channel, a 45kms channel that stretches to connect 2 magical lakes; Lake George and Lake Edward. For about 2-3 hours on a boat cruise, expect to excite yourself with the remarkable sight of submerged hippos, Nile crocodiles as they bask on the banks, aquatic birds, and others. Have the opportunity to take photos and get back. If time allows, go game drive via channel trail to enjoy an incredible view of diverse wildlife as they return to areas to retire for the night.
- Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge, Katara Lodge, Ishasha Wilderness Camp
- Mid-range: Marafiki Safari Lodge, Enganzi Game Lodge, Bush Lodge
- Budget/Basic: Bush Lodge in the tents, Pumba Safari Cottages, Kazinga Channel View Resort
Day 2 of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife: Go game drive along Kasenyi Plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park and connect to Bwindi via Ishasha area
Begin your day with a leisurely cup of tea or coffee and after, undertake a morning game drive via Kasenyi Plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park. A game drive in Queen’s top safari highlight and you will perfectly get the best of this wildlife experience in a 4×4 Land Cruiser or Safari Van with a pop-up roof. Enjoy 2-3 hours of viewing the diversity of wildlife ranging from elephants, buffaloes, warthogs, waterbucks, Uganda Kobs, leopards, spotted hyenas, birds to mention but a few.
Retreat from a game drive along Kasenyi track to check out of the lodge then drive to Bwindi through Ishasha area in the Southern Queen Elizabeth National Park. Expect to strike your imaginations with the tree-climbing lions at Ishasha sector plus elephants, buffaloes, and a lot more. Proceed to Bwindi, Southwestern Uganda with en-route lunch at Savanna Resort.
- Luxury: Haven Lodge, Chameleon Hill Lodge
- Mid-range: Gorilla Mist Camp, Ichumbi Lodge
- Basic: Nshongi Camp, Wagtail Eco Safari Camp
Day 3 of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife: Embark on gorilla trekking & drive to Lake Bunyonyi-undertake evening boat ride
Have breakfast early morning and after, assemble at Bwindi park offices for a briefing on gorilla trekking rules. Undertake a gorilla trek beginning at 8:00 am. You will track one of the 20 (twenty) habituated gorilla groups. Your adventure takes 2-6 hours inclusive of one hour to be spent with mountain gorillas.
After a gorilla trek, descend back to your lodge for a lunch break and check out ready to transfer to Lake Bunyonyi. Enjoy a boat ride along Lake Bunyonyi to any one of the 29 islands. On a boat ride, expect to enjoy the sight of birds and the magical view of surrounding areas then you relax, dine, and spend a night at the lodge.
- Luxury: Birdnest @Bunyonyi Resort
- Mid-range: Arcadia Cottages Bunyonyi, Bunyonyi Safari Resort
- Basic: Lake Bunyonyi Eco-Resort, Bushara Island Camp
Day 4 of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife: Return from Lake Bunyonyi to Kampala/Entebbe
Have a heavy breakfast and later, depart Lake Bunyonyi for Kampala/Entebbe. Drive via Mbarara and have a lunch break at Igongo Cultural Centre and photography at Equator crossing. Drop off at a hotel or place of residence in Kampala/Entebbe.
End of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla safari & wildlife
The safari package includes
- Gorilla permit (@ US Dollars 700)
- Park Entrance fees
- 4×4 Land Cruiser or Safari Van for ground travel
- Service of professional English-speaking guide
- Boat ride
- Game viewing
- Bottled water on tour
- Fees for all activities in the itinerary except for optional ones
The safari package excludes
- Visa fees
- Optional activities
- Air tickets
- Telephone bills